In the News
Sustainability success requires proactive ownership
Hersha Hospitality embraces environmental stewardship as an integral part of maintaining and building a successful business practice. The initiatives we’re implementing across our portfolio as part of EarthView® Phase I aim to balance our conservation and preservation goals with our goal to reduce costs and add value for our shareholders.
We’re taking steps to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
Phase I of the EarthView program focused on enhancing the sustainability of our operational and maintenance activities. We are working to reduce our environmental impact, and are offering our guests the opportunity to help us in our mission through initiatives such as in-room recycling. As our program progresses, we are pursuing sustainable development, advanced energy management technologies and other innovations in the industry.
A few of the initiatives we’ve already rolled out include:
- Retrofitting incandescent bulbs to CFLs or LEDs
- Offering recycling in our guest rooms
- Selecting recycled content or rapidly renewable paper products
- Purchasing recycled content key cards
- Procuring Energy Star and Water Sense labeled products
- Requiring all properties to benchmark and track utility usage in the EPA’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager